Thursday 13 December 2012

Songs of the Year 2012

Hey Kids. Welcome to my annual compilation (the online version for those I haven't been able to send a CD to). No write-ups this year (phew I hear you say). Just to say that as ever I had no trouble filling this comp with great tunes. The problem was more about what to leave out. My personal favourite of this list is Major Lazer's "Get Free" which is just about as perfect a pop song as I could ever wish to hear. If you think this mix starts slow and a little fiddley-dee please do persevere over the first minute and a half of the first track by Advisory Circle because when it kicks in IT REALLY KICKS IN. One artist I have really enjoyed this year which I forgot (uhm!!) to include is Die Antwoord the bizarre hip-hop act from South Africa. They have made me smile just about more than anyone else so it was daft to forget them but in a way it's better to watch their stuff on YooToob because they really do produce the most incredible videos. Have a look at this one here as a supplement to my mix ...  http://youtu.be/8Uee_mcxvrw. Anyway, Happy Christmas to anyone popping over here to listen to this. Have a great 2013 and hope you find some stuff you like on this mix. Love from DJG xxxx



No comments: