Sunday 14 June 2009

Taboo



Quite excited this morning that I managed to pick up an absolutely immaculate original pressing of Arthur Lyman's "Taboo" at my local market. I've been after this for a long time and always held back on copies I saw because of over-pricing and/or rubbish condition. This one's the bees knees though - the vinyl and the sleeve are near perfect. It's something to purr about. Look at the picture. The sleeve is still so shiny you can see my reflection in it! It's classic easy listening - but the kind of thing that never really deserved that tag, although it is undoubtedly easy on the ear. Very exotic sounding with a a definite South Pacific/Latin vibe but really "out there" sound and production-wise. File under "exotica" along with Esquivel, Martin Denny and the like.

No comments: